The candidates for admission are selected according to merit and communal rotation every year through District Wise Counseling. District Counseling is conducted by the Nodal Government ITIs located in each District. The candidates according to their rank will choose the course or ITI as per his choice. The selection order issued to each candidate on the spot. The candidates thus allotted by the Department in the month of July every year will be trained in the concerned Institute as per National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) norms of training.
To encourage admission and active participation in skill training programme and to help the poor and downtrodden youth, tuition fee is waived by the Government and free training is offered to all the trainees of Government ITIs.
The Government have sanctioned the following concessions to the Government ITI and Government aided Private ITI trainees:-
1. Bus pass between their place of residence and the institute for 12 months
2. Two sets of uniforms per year to all the trainees
3. Bi-Cycle to all the trainees
4. Laptop to all the trainees and
5. Text Books and drawing instruments to all the trainees.
6. One Set Shoe to all the trainees.
Monthly stipend @ Rs.500/- to all the trainees irrespective of community and income