Government Industrial Training Institute, Trichy was established in
1966 to cater trained technicians to the revolutionary industries which were
being developed after Independence. This institute is situated 15 Kms from the
Trichy city on the Trichy-Tanjore highway. This institute is one of the biggest
industrial training institute in the state of Tamil Nadu having a roll of more
than 1200 students per year in 14 trades inclusive of fitter, turner, machinist,
electrician MMV, welder diesel mechanic and so on. This institute plays a major
role for the economic development of Trichy district.
The technicians employed in Mahanavaratna PSU, M/s Bharat Heavy
Electrical Limited, OFT, HAPP, Golden rock railway workshop and cluster
of fabrication industries in Thuvakudi industrial estate, are trained in
this reputed institute. This institute having appreciable infrastructure
and dedicated faculties to uplift the skill development to the nation.
This institute is been awarded with state and national level skill